Is this breakfast or dessert? While the answer may be up for debate, there is no question that these muffins are delicious. Just wait until you smell them baking!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas - mashed
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Crumb Cake topping:
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons quick oats
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla and melted butter.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Don't over mix - just until well combined. This will give you a lighter muffin.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. I like to use an ice cream scoop to keep the size of the muffins consistent.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, quick oats, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Smash in 2 tablespoon butter with fork until mixture is crumbly. Spoon topping over your muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Pour a big glass of milk and ENJOY