This very easy recipe uses a bounty of summer vegetables such as zucchini, eggplant and peppers. In the winter, I make this with sweet potatoes or butternut squash and onions. Change it up depending on what's fresh and in season. I use lots of black pepper to give it a little bite!
Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables with Herb-Wine Marinade
1 packet McCormick Garlic Herb & Wine Marinade
1/4 cup oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 lbs boneless chicken thighs or breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 eggplant, peeled and chopped into 1 inch chunks
2 zucchini, chopped into 1 inch chunks
1 large onion, chopped into 1 inch chunks
2 bell peppers, chopped into 1 inch chunks
Other seasonal vegetables -- green beans, carrots, broccoli -- in 1-inch chunks
- In medium bowl, prepare marinade according to packet, using 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 cup water, and 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar. Stir well.
- Add chicken chunks to marinade and stir well to coat evenly. Marinate for 30 minutes or more in fridge
- Line a very large cookie sheet with foil. I often use two cookie sheets so I can spread the vegetables out for even cooking. Distribute chopped vegetables evenly over foil.
- Distribute chunks of marinated chicken evenly over vegetables. Pour any remaining marinade over vegetables and stir lightly to coat. Sprinkle with generous amounts of salt and pepper.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes. Monitor after 30 minutes to ensure onions don't burn.
Serve with rice or, for low-carb eaters, riced cauliflower.