One of my favorite parts of fall? Apples! Apples are everywhere! They are so versatile, and can be incorporated in any meal. Softened apples make a great topping for pancakes, while freshly sliced apples taste great in a grilled cheese sandwich. Or mix diced apples into a chicken salad for a delicious crunch ... the possibilities with apples are endless.
But my favorite dessert using apples? Apple Crisp! This Apple Crisp recipe is our family tradition, and I make this yummy dessert as often as possible during apple season.
- 5 medium-sized apples, peeled and diced (I love to use Granny Smith when they're in season, but lots of types will work — Jonathan, Fuji, Golden Delicious, etc.)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter
- Place your peeled and diced apples into a pie pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the egg and mix until crumbly. Pour mixture over apples evenly.
- Melt the butter and pour it on top of the flour mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes, until the top is a nice golden brown.
darkscott via Canva
Serve this apple crisp warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a perfect fall evening pick-me-up.
Macaroni Kid Acton-Concord-Bedford-Lexington is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun events and information for local families.
We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve thousands of families in Acton, Bedford, Boxborough, Carlisle, Concord, Lexington, Lincoln, Maynard and other surrounding communities.
Subscribe today to receive our email newsletter every Thursday!
Advertise with us to connect with thousands of local families!