Want to show off your patriotic pride?
This beaded American flag pin is an easy craft project for all skill levels. All you need to make this beaded American flag pin are some safety pins and beads!
Wear this beaded American flag pin as a tribute on Armed Forces Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Veterans Day, or any day.
Here's how to make it!
Beaded American Flag Pin
What you need:
- Beads (red, white/clear, and blue)
- Safety pins (medium to large)
- You may need more or fewer beads, depending on the sizes of your beads and safety pins. For the pin pictured, we counted out 25 small blue beads, 35 red beads, and 30 clear/white beads.
- Count out 11 safety pins.
- Using the image below for guidance, place beads on the table in the design of the flag. For the first 5 safety pins, I used 5 blue beads and then alternated 2 white and 2 red beads.
- For the last 5 safety pins, I alternated 5 red and 4 white beads.
- Add all pin ends through the last safety pin, according to the pattern, and twist them around to the back side of the safety pin.
THE PATTERN: B-Blue, W-White/clear, R-Red
This American flag pin design doesn't match the actual flag; instead, the bead count is set according to the size and the capacity of the safety pins.
Kids can wear their beaded flag American pins with pride, and even give them to friends or family as a special gift.
Deanna Sapata is the publisher of Macaroni KID Glendale - Luke Air Force Base, Ariz.
Macaroni Kid Acton-Concord-Bedford-Lexington is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun events and information for local families.
We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve thousands of families in Acton, Bedford, Boxborough, Carlisle, Concord, Lexington, Lincoln, Maynard and other surrounding communities.
Subscribe today to receive our email newsletter every Thursday!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Advertise with us to connect with thousands of local families!