Celebrate the Mom or special Mom figure in your life on Mother's Day! See our list of ideas below to create an amazing day to celebrate Mom. It includes gift ideas, activities, special meals, places to go, and crafts to make. There's something for everyone!
- Pick up a picnic lunch from a local sandwich or gourmet shop and head to a beautiful green space to spread out and relax. Some options: Great Brook Farm State Park in Carlisle, Flerra Meadows in Boxborough, Old North Bridge in Concord, Emerson Playground in Concord, Bedford Center Playground, NARA Park in Acton, or Lexington Battle Green (i.e., the common).
- Plan an at-home paint activity with Yaymaker. The whole family can create and have fun together!
- Set up an outdoor projector and screen and watch a favorite family movie. Don't forget the popcorn and Mom's favorite treats!
- Go crafting with Mom at Art Signals, Plaster Fun Time, or Periwinkle Glassworks.
- Take Mom to the beach for the day. Gloucester, Rockport, Salem and Salisbury are all an hour away. A couple of years ago we went to Plum Island on Mother's Day and it was a gorgeous, hot, perfect beach day! Afterwards, enjoy a delicious seaside dinner.
- Ask Mom for a list of 5-10 things she has been wanting to get done at the house. Come together as a family and help her out by getting most or all of those tasks crossed off her list. It will totally make her day!
- Share some special time with Mom, whether it's just drinking a cup of tea, baking cookies, planting some container gardens, or visiting a museum. She will love having time with you.
- Plan a Broadway evening. OK, so we're not on Broadway or even close, and most theaters are still closed. But you can still stream plays and musicals at home. Has Mom been wanting to see Hamilton? Now's her chance. Make it a special occasion with treats and champagne at intermission.
- Spring-clean the garden and plants seeds and seedlings as a surprise for Mom.
- Book tickets for Wicked Tulips Flower Farm and spend the day exploring the fields and picking a bouquet of stunning tulips.
- Check out these local events:
- May 1: May Day and Mother’s Day Clay Spring Chimes and Cards Workshop (Ages 5+) ~ register in advance
- May 8: Mother’s and Father’s Day Clay Spring Chimes and Cards Workshop (Ages 5+) ~ register in advance
- May 9: Mothers Day Family Yoga in the Park (Ages 3-12) ~ register in advance
- May 9: Mothers Day Sculpture Park Tour (All ages) ~ register in advance
- It's grilling season! Grill up a special meal for Mom and don't forget the fire pit and s'mores!
- Mother's Day is a day for Mom to indulge, and to me that means delicious baked goods! Treat Mom to a decadent breakfast -- coffee, a delicious egg dish, and some wonderful baked items from Nashoba Brook Bakery, Concord Teacakes, Idylwilde Farm or Wilson Farm.
- Check our recipes for some family-friendly dishes to make at home with the kids and serve to Mom. Our favorites:
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Scramble -- for an easy and delicious special breakfast
- Banana Crumb Cake Muffins
- Berry Breakfast Bars
- Sweet Sticky Monkey Bread
EASY LUNCH or DINNER
Gather the kids and make some special crafts to give to Mom on Mother's Day:
- DIY Stepping Stones featuring the kids' handprints
- Use this Thankful Board idea and make a board of all the reasons you're thankful for Mom.
- A Dozen Roses for Mom featuring handprints
- Felt Flowers
Pick up a special gift or treat for Mom at:
- Jo Karen Fine Lingerie, Acton
- Firefly Moon Gifts, Lexington
- Patina Green, Concord
- Kind Goods, Maynard
- Boston Bijoux, Acton
- MA-France, Lexington
- Priscilla Candy Shop, Concord
- Wish, Acton
- See our Shop Local Guide for more suggestions
More gift ideas from our parent company Certifikid:
(Note that this section contains affiliate links and Macaroni Kid Acton-Lexington receives a commission from purchases made through those links, at no additional cost to you. We appreciate your support!)
50% Off of 2 Dozen Long Stem Roses + FREE Shipping— View deal on CertifiKID
Great Mother's Day, Graduation or Teacher Gift!
Up to $50 Off Custom Gifts for Mom at Minted.com— View deal on CertifiKID
Personalized Pillows, Totes, Stationery & More
Amazing Interactive Scavenger Hunt Adventure for Up to 5 People!— View deal on CertifiKID
70+ Cities Nationwide & TONS More Popular Vacation Spots!
Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Macaroni Kid Acton-Concord-Bedford-Lexington is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun events and information for local families.
We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve thousands of families in Acton, Bedford, Boxborough, Carlisle, Concord, Lexington, Lincoln, Maynard and other surrounding communities.
Subscribe today to receive our email newsletter every Thursday!
Advertise with us to connect with thousands of local families!