Celebrate the Mom or special Mom figure in your life on Mother's Day! See our list of ideas below to create an amazing day to celebrate Mom. It includes gift ideas, activities, special meals, places to go, and crafts to make. There's something for everyone!
- Pick up a picnic lunch from a local sandwich or gourmet shop and head to a beautiful green space to spread out and relax. Some options: Great Brook Farm State Park in Carlisle, Flerra Meadows in Boxborough, Old North Bridge in Concord, Emerson Playground in Concord, Bedford Center Playground, NARA Park in Acton, or Lexington Battle Green (i.e., the common).
- Set up an outdoor projector and screen and watch a favorite family movie. Don't forget the popcorn and Mom's favorite treats!
- Go crafting with Mom at Art Signals & Pinot's Palette.
- Take Mom to the beach for the day. Gloucester, Rockport, Salem and Salisbury are all an hour away. Afterwards, enjoy a delicious seaside dinner.
- Ask Mom for a list of 5-10 things she has been wanting to get done at the house. Come together as a family and help her out by getting most or all of those tasks crossed off her list. It will totally make her day!
- Share some special time with Mom, whether it's just drinking a cup of tea, baking cookies, planting some container gardens, or visiting a museum. She will love having time with you.
- Plan a Broadway evening -- theater is back! See our Theater Guide for upcoming shows (we mostly list family-friendly shows in the Guide, so be sure to click through to the theater websites to see other show options too). Or plan at at-home Broadway evening. Make it a special occasion with treats and champagne at intermission.
- Spring-clean the garden and plants seeds and seedlings as a surprise for Mom.
- Book tickets for Wicked Tulips Flower Farm and spend the day exploring the fields and picking a bouquet of stunning tulips.
- Book Mom a much needed massage at Elements Massage, Acton!
- It's grilling season! Grill up a special meal for Mom and don't forget the fire pit and s'mores!
- Mother's Day is a day for Mom to indulge, and to me that means delicious baked goods! Treat Mom to a decadent breakfast -- coffee, a delicious egg dish, and some wonderful baked items from Nashoba Brook Bakery, Concord Teacakes, Idylwilde Farm or Wilson Farm.
- Check our recipes for some family-friendly dishes to make at home with the kids and serve to Mom. Our favorites:
EASY LUNCH or DINNER
Gather the kids and make some special crafts to give to Mom on Mother's Day:
- 5 Easy Kid Crafts For Mother's Day
- Recycled Magazine Butterflies
- Celebrate Mom with these FREE Printables
- Salt Dough Nature Art
Pick up a special gift or treat for Mom at:
- Jo Karen Fine Lingerie, Acton
- Patina Green, Concord
- Boston Bijoux, Acton
- MA-France, Lexington
- Priscilla Candy Shop, Concord
- Wish, Acton
- See our Shop Local Guide for more suggestions
- Celebrate all the wonderful moms! Enjoy an unforgettable performance with the ones you love with this exclusive Mother's Day Flash Sale and buy 3 tickets and get the 4th free - a perfect way to treat mom to Cirque du Soleil CORTEO™.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Macaroni Kid Acton-Concord-Bedford-Lexington is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun events and information for local families.
We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve thousands of families in Acton, Bedford, Boxborough, Carlisle, Concord, Lexington, Lincoln, Maynard and other surrounding communities.
Subscribe today to receive our email newsletter every Thursday!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Advertise with us to connect with thousands of local families!