Thanks for visiting our Playground Guide for the Acton-Lexington area! This list includes playground and parks in Acton, Bedford, Boxborough, Carlisle, Concord, Lexington, Lincoln and Maynard.
Know of other playgrounds in these towns that we missed? Please email Tessa at email@example.com.
Click the bold links to see a detailed article about the playground, including descriptions and photos. As you can see, we have quite a few local playgrounds for which we still need descriptions and photos. If you would like to help out and write an overview of a local playground, please email Tessa at firstname.lastname@example.org for writing guidelines and information.
- Acton Arboretum, 2 Taylor Rd (park only, no playground). Over 65 acres of town conservation land for hiking, exploring, and relaxing.
- NARA Park, 25 Ledge Rock Way. Playground, small beach, picnic pavilion, amphitheater, paved paths, and ample parking.
- Elm St, 19 Elm St. Picnic area, tennis court and open fields.
- Gardner Field Playground, 526 Mass Ave -- CLOSED for renovation starting March 2022. Should reopen by Summer 2022
- Goward Playground, 486 Main St. Multiple play structures for varying ages, basketball hoop, and conveniently located behind Acton Memorial Library.
- Great Hill, 54 School St (park only, no playground). Soccer fields adjacent to Great Hill Conservation Area. Great walking paths.
- Jones Field, 54 Martin St. This newly renovated playground has plenty of play structures for all ages and abilities.
- Pratts Brook Conservation Area, 108R Parker St (park only, no playground). 1.4 mile loop trail with a pond, streams, vernal pools and forested wetland.
- Veterans' Field, 655 Main St. The field consists on two little league diamonds and a playground.
- Town Center Playground, Mudge Way. Located next to Bedford Public Library. Playground, bike path, picnic tables, and walk to Bedford Farms Ice Cream.
- Flerra Meadows, 400 Stow Rd. Large playground, Gaga Ball Pit, baseball diamond and large fields surrounded by woods.
- Diment Park, 120 Church St. Toddler playground for ages 5 and under.
- Castle Park, 83 School St (The Castle will be closed from July 24 - Late September)
- Emerson Playground, 90 Stow St. This playground features climbing structures, sand area, shade, picnic tables and a small splash pad
- Ripley Playscape, 120 Meriam Rd. Playscape at Ripley is a nature-focused public playground
- Rideout Playground, 61 Laws Brook Rd. Large playground structure divided into sections for varying ages, large sandbox, climbing net, and several types of swings.
- Adams Playground, 751 Mass Ave. Playground ages 2 - 5, basketball court, tennis/pickleball court, and open field.
- Center Recreation Complex, 80 Worthen Road. Playground ages 2 - 12, 3 pools and a splash pad, picnic area, walking track, basketball court, tennis courts, and 6 playing fields
- Franklin Field, Allen St. One softball field and a swing set ages 2 - 12.
- Garfield Park, Garfield St. Playground 2 - 12 and little league field.
- Hastings Park, Worthen Rd & Mass Ave (park only, no playground)
- Justin Park, Justin St. Small playground ages 2 - 5.
- Kinneen's Park, Burlington St. Playground ages 5 - 12, T-ball field and basketball court.
- Lincoln Park, Lincoln St. Two main structures - one for the toddlers (ages 2-5) and older kids (ages 5-12), baseball field, soccer/lacrosse fields, bike rack and fitness trail.
- Marvin Park, 51 Marvin St. Playground ages 5 - 12, basketball court, and open field.
- Munroe School Tot Lot, 1403 Mass Ave. T-ball field and one small swing set ages 5 - 12.
- Old Reservoir Picnic Area, Marrett Rd. Fresh water pond with a sandy beach. There are some picnic tables to enjoy a lunch right outside the facility.
- Rindge Playground, 27 Rindge Ave. The playground’s main structure has plenty of things to climb as well as three slides and monkey bars. Underneath the structure is a spider web climber. Large field, basketball court and walking trail.
- Sutherland Woods, Sutherland Rd. Small playground for ages 2 - 5, basketball court and one little league field.
- Tower Park, approx 1250 Mass Ave (park only, no playground). Property is 16 acres with .4 miles of public trails.
- Willard's Woods, 44 North St (park only, no playground). 2.6 mile loop trail, generally considered and easy route. This trail is great for birding, hiking, and trail running.
- Ballfield Road Playgrounds, The BLUE playground (ages 2-5) is available for public use, 7 days/week. The RED Playground (ages 5-7) is available for use before and after school hours (8-3 PM) M-F, and weekends. 7 days per week during school vacations.
- Pierce Park, 17 Weston St (park only, no playground). 30 acres of lawns, forests, and two ponds. The park is a popular spot for picnics and walking.
- Reo RoadPlayground, 23 Reo Road
- Coolidge Playground, 41 Parker St. Large playground and signature hillside slide.
Macaroni Kid Acton-Concord-Bedford-Lexington is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun events and information for local families.
We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve thousands of families in Acton, Bedford, Boxborough, Carlisle, Concord, Lexington, Lincoln, Maynard and other surrounding communities.
Subscribe today to receive our email newsletter every Thursday!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Advertise with us to connect with thousands of local families!